Monthly ZOOM Workshops
After an overwhelming response to my first own-hosted Zoom Workshops for the Scots Fiddle Festival in November 2020, I’m making this a monthly thing (certainly until we can do such things in person) and also catering for both Intermediate and Advanced levels in two separate workshops.
Workshops cost £10 to attend and if you’d like to go to both, it’s £15. I’ll make sure the repertoire is different! Entry is free for Patrons.
To sign up and pay, please use PayPal to ‘Send Money’ to email@example.com and if you select the ‘friends and family’ option then PayPal will not shave a decent % off the ticket price 😘 If you aren’t into PayPal then get in touch and we’ll find another way!
The next classes are on 17th (Intermediate) and 18th April (Advanced), at 2pm.
I hope you can join us!
Teaching on Patreon
I’m relatively new to this platform, but slowly and surely getting the hang of it and uploading lots of interesting teaching content.
Below is an example of the sort of thing you might find there and for more information, head on over to http://www.patreon.com/patsyreid
1 to 1 Fiddle Teaching
Due to Coronavirus, I am carrying out all of my teaching online and I am delighted to offer a dual picture feed with the option of 4 camera/screen shots, including picture in picture. This means that students can see the following as necessary –
- Standard front view, with my whole fiddle/both hands in shot
- close up of my fingers from above
- notebook/diagram view of my desk
- live laptop feed for discussing Sheetmusic, Audio on Logic Pro or Sibelius writing software
- Professional quality audio, pre mixed so my voice, violin and piano are nicely balanced
- Direct audio feed so I can play music from my library, Spotofy, Logic, Sibelius without feedback
🎻 Tuition Gift Vouchers Available 🎻
Due to popular demand, I am now selling tuition gift vouchers. I teach at home in Perth, Scotland and can provide tuition in fiddle, classical violin, viola, cello, piano, composition, arranging, orchestration and music theory. For those living further afield, I am happy to teach via Skype or FaceTime.
For the aspiring techies, we also have a recording studio in-house, so if anyone is interested in learning about recording, production and generally making music on computers, then we can offer that too!
|No. of Lessons|
|Who is this voucher for?|
Experience & Affiliations
As a specialist fiddle teacher, I am proud to be affiliated with the following courses and institutions.
- Principal Instrument Tutor – Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (2019)
- External Examiner – Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016)
- Dundee City Council (2018)
- Blackford Fiddlers (2019, 2018, 2017)
- University of the Highlands & Islands – BA Applied Music (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013)
- Black Isle Fiddle Weekend (2017)
- Blazin’ in Beauty (2017)
- Sabhal Mor Ostaig (2019, 2018, 2017)
- Black Isle Fiddle Weekend (2017)
- Royal Northern College of Music (2017)
- European String Teaching Association (2017)
- RSNO Outreach (2016, 2015)
- Alasdair Fraser’s Fiddle and Cello Week, Sabhal Mor Ostaig (2019, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007)
- The Gordon Duncan Experience (2018, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011)
- Feis Rois, Feis Spe
- Ceolas (2016)
- Newcastle University – Folk and Traditional Music BMus (2015, 2014, 2013, 2012)
PCGE with Specialist String Teaching
PG DipRNCM in violin performance
BA Applied Music (1st class Honours)
Certified to teach Dalcroze Eurythmics to beginners… what’s this?